With the new little one coming, we decided to put Jacks in his "Big Boy Bed" now to start the training, and so the crib would be available for Baby Girl. After we set it up, he climbed in and covered up and stayed in there for a long time! At bedtime it wasn't as cool, so I wish we would have waited until just before bed to put it up...(sigh). Anyway he got out of bed lots, as expected the first few nights. He really enjoyed his wandering freedom.
At nap time a few days later, I took him in and covered him up read a book and left, but closed the door behind me. I heard him talking and walking around. Then a few minutes later he knocked and jabbered something. No major drama, so I just kept doing what I was doing. After not hearing any noise for awhile, I peeked in on him and he was sound asleep in his bed, and he had even covered himself up!
I often find him halfway hanging off the side of his bed with books all around him. But he always ends up back on his bed. I guess he knows when to give up.

No comments:
Post a Comment