Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nerd Day!

This week is red ribbon week at Bronson's school. They had different themes each day to dress up. Monday was Pajama Day. I told him he could wear his jammies to school, and he was shocked. He asked me if the kids would laugh at him! Since when did he worry about that? I called a few of his friends to make sure they were dressing up too, and then he was fine. Tuesday was Nerd Day, Wednesday was Career Day, Thursday was Crazy Hat & Socks Day, and Friday they wear their Halloween Costumes. On Nerd Day Bronson asked if he had to wear bright colors (like the candy "Nerds"), so I attempted to teach him what a nerd was (I know you're surprised to know with parents like us that he doensn't know what a nerd is--I guess living the life we don't really see that we need to define to our kids what we are) I got out some of his smaller pants, pulled them up to his armpits, and found some of my old glasses and popped out the lenses, I really tried to part his hair (note picture) and make a spot in the back stick up a little, but it's still a bit short from the last cut. I was laughing hysterically dressing him up. Who knows, I probably had way more fun than him doing it.

He also got a wrist band that said, "Drugs are Not Cool." Again, one of those things I didn't think I would have to define, (at least not yet) so we did a little role play (yeah MTC!)---What do you do if someone offers you drugs? Then we taught them that this is their moment to finally shout NO! in their meanest, sassiest, booming voice. It went something like this. . . "Bronson do you want some drugs?" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" "Mimi, do you want some smokes?" "NOOOOOOOOOO!" "Bronson, do you want a cookie?" "Um sure!" "Mimi, Do you want some strawberries?" "Yes." "Bronson, do you want some Beer?" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" It was quite a funny game. Now that is a favored activity. We were eating dinner the next day and Mimi out of the blue said, "Bronson. . ." Pause to take a bite of dinner. . . Bronson said, "What?" Then she said in the nicest voice, "Do you want some Drugs?" Bronson shouted, "NOOOOOOO!" Mac and I laughed and laughed! I can't even type the story without laughing hard. So. . . to make this long blog story short, JUST SAY NO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? You had to teach him what a nerd is? It IS in the genes I guess!!! JK Love Nonny