Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween! Tonight we carved pumpkins! Hope you enjoy the pictures, and have a fun Halloween! I'll Post the costumes tomorrow (Oh let's be honest Tiff--soon)!

The Family and our three pumpkins. Again, we can't get EVERYONE to
cooperate when we take a picture, so this is probably the best one.

Mac carved Jackson's pumpkin, and you can see just how much he participated in the carving activity. Maybe next year he'll be a little more involved--eat some guts or pumpkin seeds or something.
Mac decided to carve the traditional
Jack-O-Lantern style. I like to call this one "Jack's-O-Lantern" Woah! Stop, I know!

We let Bronson and Mimi draw the face that they wanted on their pumpkin. Bronson drew the "mad" eyes. Mac carved this one too,
except this one doesn't show the pumpkin's "Hair" carved in it yet. That was a must. Speaking of "hair" check out Mac's new cut! He did it himself today too!

Bronson and his pumpkin! So cute! (Check out all the guts!)
The kids did not want to touch any of it, but we made them. That's part of the experience.

Mimi and her pumpkin!
I (Tiff) carved this one! Can you believe it? This is the first time I think I have actually carved one. I usually gut them, but I'm a little nervous with the knife.

Mimi drew tiny circle eyes, a tiny circle nose--all in a row, tiny eyebrows, and one big smile. I couldn't really carve the tiny circles, so I asked her if it would be alright if I made them a bit bigger. I also had to make the nose a triangle, because there was this huge space below and the tiny circle for the nose couldn't be done (at least by me). And I loved her little eyebrow drawings--very cute, but I had to cut them a little bigger too. I'm a neurotic mess-hater, and I got the OCD under control for tonight and had a great time! I'm pretty proud of my carving skills too!

3 comments:

ang said...

Dude, you are ROCKING the blog!!

Cute pumpkins. Cute kids.

Mac's BALD!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Becca said...

You are doing great with the blog. I can't believe you have halloween pics up before I do. The kids are so sticking cute! I wish I could see little Jackson and hold him. He's so precious.

ang said...

-this is Paul - Mac welcome to my world. Make sure the ladies see your wedding ring cause they'll be knocking down your door now. whatever...